• Floyd Russell
    I would like to know if there is any way, through the API, to ascertain what files are included in each backup plan. We are currently using BackBlaze for our storage and have a mixture of some machines still using the old-style plans where the path is part of the filename in BackBlaze and the new completely encrypted backup content sets which are completely opaque from an API perspective.

We need a programmatic way to:
    1) Verify that the files configured to be backed up are actually backed up - and no emailed reports/dashboards do not count. I need something I can query.
    2) Ensure that we are not storing data for plans/machines that are no longer in our MSP 360 account. In a recent storage audit, we discovered about 30TB of cruft left in BackBlaze because deleting a machine in the management console does not, apparently, kick off a delete in BackBlaze. The only automated delete seems to happen if we delete an entire user account.

We can see the text of the backup plan through the RMM tool, but that data isn't available via API - which would be really handy to be able to see.

We really would like to see a way to close the loop on verifying, through software, that what we (and our customer) think is being backed up actually exists in the backup storage.
  • Alexander Negrash
    , thanks for your request. I'd encourage you to use our feedback portal to post feature requests there. That will allow other users to vote up your feature request and allow us to consider it sooner. I would be glad to do that on your behalf. Please let me know if you want me to do this.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment