• QiQQ
    Hi,

For us as a MSP it's important that users don't lose files, and we always advice users to use OneDrive or the network share for shared files, and the Windows default folders for personal files.
    For workstations in the lan we use folder redirections, and that files will be backed-up automatically because they are redirected on the server.

But for notebooks I don't want to use folder redirections, so that is why I was happy to see this article: "https://www.cloudberrylab.com/blog/backing-up-user-profiles-in-cloudberry-backup/"

This will fix my back-up problem with users that are not working on their OneDrive or shared folder. But when I was setting up a file based back-up plan, to deploy I see in the gui that the function is not working. So I contacted the support, and they know about it.

But if someone, want to use it I have found a way to do it by the web interface

How to:
    1. RMM
    2. Remote management
    3. Show plans
    4. Create or edit a plan.
    5. On tab: Backup sources
    6. Click show plain text:
    7: Add folders you want, we do:
    %userprofile%\Desktop
    %userprofile%\Documents
    %userprofile%\Downloads
    %userprofile%\Favorites
    %userprofile%\Links
    %userprofile%\Music
    %userprofile%\Pictures
    %userprofile%\Videos

Don't forget to always enable "back-up NTFS permissions"

For me this is important, because we make a daily back-up from it. So maybe I helped someone with this.
  • QiQQ
    HaHa, just some minutes after I click on "post comment", I received a e-mail with a new build 5.9. And the first things I checked, where the %userprofile% options. And it's working now.

Good job, so no need for the work around above ;-)
  • Julia
    Thank you for your concern! You are welcome to use “user profile” option :wink:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to MSP360 Forum!

Thank you for visiting! Please take a moment to register so that you can participate in discussions!