• Aaron Schacht
    Other than setting a retention policy on a Hyper-V backup plan and having backups automatically purge, I sometimes want to manually purge backups but there doesn't appear to be a way to do this.

• David Gugick
    Can you describe in a little bit more detail what you're trying to do? If it's just a matter of deleting an old backup set, you can do that from the storage tab in the agent. But I'm guessing what you're trying to do is maybe a little different. Thanks.
  • Aaron Schacht
    David - thank you for the response! There is no option to delete old backup sets under the storage tab. Maybe this relates to the fact that I am doing Hyper-V backups and this is some limitation? There is just no choice on the contextual menu when I right click on an older backup set.
  • David Gugick
    I do not have a local Hyper-V install, so I am checking with the team. I'll reply back tomorrow with an answer.
  • Aaron Schacht
    David - you are wonderful, thank you!
  • David GugickAccepted Answer
    My guess is you have the ability to delete backups in the agent disabled. That setting is disabled by default and should remain so after you change it in order to facilitate the delete. It's a safety measure to ensure someone accessing the agent cannot delete backups.

Go to the management console - Settings - Global Agent Options and check “Enable ability to delete files from the Storage tab”. After the change, you may have to close and restart the agent. Afterwards you should disable the option to protect the backups.
  • Aaron Schacht
    This did the trick! Thank you!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube