• Doowruc
    Hi,

I am running CloudBerry Backup (v4.8.2.41) on my old Windows Home Server 2011 (yes, I know WHS is very old and out of support!) to back up my photos to AWS Glacier.

I have recently received an email from AWS saying they are disabling TLS 1.0 & 1.1 as of next June and that CloudBerry is still using 1.0 for the GetBucketLocation call.

I know its a long shot but is anyone aware of any plans to update the WHS version?

I know I should move my server to a more modern OS (and therefore updated backup software) but I have a lot of things set up on the server, which will take a lot of work to migrate, and up until now it has continued to "just work".

TIA

doowruc
  • David Gugick
    That version is long out of support. I think you could simply upgrade or purchase a newer edition, but you would need to check with Support to make sure that the latest versions will work on WHS 2011. You could also try using that old version to backup up to Amazon S3 Standard and moving data via a lifecycle policy to Glacier of that's supported in that older version. Newer versions support S3 Glacier using the S3 APIs rather than the legacy Glacier APIs from Amazon. But reach out to support via the web site and see what they say.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment