• zefoto
    Hi. I run CBB on Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) and there are 3 user accounts on this machine. Except for some folders, the share and permissions are set up such that it prevents a user from one account to access files on another user account.

From my own account (admin rights) I created a backup plan to backup the whole /Users directory, which includes my own (admin rights), and the two other accounts. I thought that CBB would backup the files from the 2 other accounts. I was wrong. It backed up only the files that can be shared across the accounts. I logged in one of the other account and ran the same backup plan from there with no success.

It is like if in the backup engine there is something there in the setup of the backup plan that prevents it to do so.

What is CB recommended solution to backup all the files of all the accounts in such a situation? Do I have to create new backup plan from each user account?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
  • Gleb
    Hi again.

CloudBerry Backup for Mac runs backup plans on behalf of a user who owns the plan configuration file (by default, it's the one who created the plan).
    The config files are stored under "/opt/local/CloudBerry Backup/plans/"

Possible solutions would be:
    - create multiple backup plans for each user's home directory and assign config file ownership respectively.
    - run a single backup plan with admin user or root user or whoever has access to everything in different user folders.

For the latter here is a terminal command:
    sudo chown root:wheel "/opt/local/CloudBerry Backup/plans/"*
  • zefoto
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will check that.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment