• MerleOne
    Hi,

I have noticed something with CBB that tends to be repeatable : I perform backup locally sometimes. I have a backup plan that backups "My Documents" to a removable HDD.

I use the "new" format to get all the features (block copy and so on). The first backup is a full one then the other ones are incrementals.

The issue is that sometimes I forget to connect the removable drive and launch a backup anyway. Logically it fails saying the destination device is not present.

So I connect the removable HDD and there the issue occurs : CBB perform a new full backup (instead of an incremental one) and it becomes difficult to access the previous set of backups (full + several incrementals). In also see a strange error message starting with

no segments* file found in Lucene.Net.Store.SimpleFSDirectory@C:\ProgramData\CloudBerryLab\CloudBerry Backup\Data\conn-66d9a8fa-7ef1-4f6b-ac7d-2287873aae3d\bunch-bdbd880c-9bbb-4c6f-9ead-7763294c35a3\g0\CBBdedup-8b1d507c-c311-4302-a272-2c7b94d5f3d1 lockFactory=Lucene.Net.Store.NativeFSLockFactory: files:_0.cfs _1.cfs _2.cfs _3.cfs _4.cfs _5.cfs _6.cfs _h.fdt _h.fdx _h.frq _h.nrm _h.prx _h.tis _i.cfs _j.cfs _k.cfs _l.cfs _m.cfs

In some cases the only workaround is to remove the set of data previously back'ed up, which may be annoying in some situations.
    Is this a know issue ?
    Thanks.
    .merle1.
  • David Gugick
    What version are you running?
  • MerleOne
    Hi,
    Sorry, forgot to mention it :
    Cloudberry Backup Desktop Edition
    7.7.1.41 (latest)
    .merle1.
  • David Gugick
    I do not see any open issues, but I'll test and reach out to Support. I'll reply back when I know more.
  • MerleOne
    Thanks ! I can perform more tests if necessary...
    Regards,
    .merle1.
  • David Gugick
    I was able to repro your issue. I will be discussing with the team and will reply back once I have some additional information for you.
  • MerleOne
    Hi,
    Thanks for confirming this !
    .merle1.
  • Emanuele Bindellari
    Hi guys.
    I've got the same issue.
    Any news?
  • Alexander Negrash
    This has been added to the RnD pipeline
  • Emanuele Bindellari
    I resolved the problem with MSP support.
    Follow this steps:
    1) Close the Backup Agent and stop MSP services
    2) Rename your C:\ProgramData\Online Backup\Data to C:\ProgramData\Online Backup\Dataold
    3) Restart MSP services and open the Backup Agent.
    4) Start a Consistency Check for your storage account
    5) Once done, go to Backup Storage tab > find the plan than generated the error > click the generation and check whether you see "Additional metadata retrieval is required" message
    6) Click Run now button
    7) Once the retrieval is done, try re-running the backup once again
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube