• number02
    Hello. I would like to have a scheme with 1 full backup followed by a chain of 5 incremental backups, with 2 versions of each file being kept as archive versions.

like this:

a - archive version
    i - increment

file(a) - file(a) - file(full) - file(i) - file(i) - file(i) - file(i) - file(i)

Is it possible?
  • Alexander Negrash

If you want to run daily incremental backups, your configuration might look like the following.

1. On the Schedule Option step of the backup plan wizard, select the Recurring (Incremental) option and click edit. Check days from Monday through Friday, pick the time, frequency and save
    erdb1czphs5bi4k9.jpg

2. On the same step, check the "Execute full backup" box, pick Sunday, define frequency and save.
    7euz6a6a3uyuxfk9.jpg

3a. If you want to keep increments for generations (full+increments) on the "Retention Policy" step, select the "keep backup for" option and set it to 3 weeks.
    mygcdok1aof6qp9r.jpg

3b. In case you want to keep increments only for the latest generation, set "Keep backup for" to 1 week and check the "Enable GFS" box, then enable the "Period for keeping weekly backups" option and set it to 3 weeks.
    nyh3f1qd60363nln.jpg

I hope that helps
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube