• Bob Drzyzgula
    With Starlink's new data caps, I'm trying to throttle my cloudberry backup during peak hours (7am-11pm). In the Bandwidth settings I allow unlimited cloud bandwidth but have a specific rule to throttle cloud bandwidth during peak hours (with 15 minutes on each side). However when I apply it, the bandwidth shown at the bottom of the application still says "unlimited" even though I'm in the peak period. I have rebooted to make sure everything would be applied, but it doesn't change. If I throttle the cloud bandwidth by default, it does change to "specified". How can I get the application to throttle the cloud bandwidth during the day?

Screenshot-2022-11-05-212324.jpg
    Screenshot-2022-11-05-213054.jpg

• Steve PutnamAccepted Answer
    I use the MSP version of the SW but I believe the code is the same.
    I set "When using Cloud/Local storage" to unlimited.
    I then specify the workday hours cloud bandwidth to something less as you have done, but leave local at unlimited since it has no impact on the performance of anything.
    During the workday the screen shows "specified" - and when I am in off-hours it shows Unlimited.
    I have not tested to see if perhaps the software is not using local time to adjust the bandwith.
    The most important thing is whether it is actually lowering your bandwidth during the peak hours - something that you can see when the plan is running.
  • Bob Drzyzgula
    Thanks. I did just go ahead and run some tests, and according to the application, the data rate on an actual backup is respecting the rule. It just still says the "Bandwidth: unlimited" in the footer of the window. So the error seems limited to what the GUI is displaying, not what is actually happening in the background. I'll keep an eye on it but it appears that this will serve my purposes, thanks.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment