• Lukas D
    Hello,

We are uploading to Wasabi with the 90day retention policy.
    After folders/files get deleted/moved off the source server, we need them to stay in Wasabi for 91 days, and then they need to get deleted from the cloud.

This is currently configured in the backup for 'WB_projects1mirror" job, but things are not being deleted properly. I am seeing things in wasabi that were uploaded over a year ago, and our cloud backup bill is only going up! Repo is synchronized.

Do I have something mis-configured ?

Configuration screenshot attached,

Thank you
    Attachment
    2022-11-10 11_46_28-CloudBerry Backup Ultimate Edition - MAINTENANCE EXPIRED on 11_25_2020 (157K)
  • Lukas D
    Using CloudBerry Backup Ultimate Edition , version: 7.8.0.238
  • Steve Putnam
    Lukas - When you say you are “seeing things in wasabi that were uploaded over a year ago”, do you mean you are seeing files in backup storage that were deleted long ago? Or just valid undeleted files that were uploaded a year ago.
    If the former, then put in a support ticket. If it is the latter, I suggest you read my recent post here in this forum for an explanation as to how fulls and incrementals work.
  • Lukas D
    Hi Steve,
    Yes unfortunately cloudberry is NOT purging files from Wasabi after the 90 day retention time, that have been deleted locally.

Strangely, this only happens to one of our backup jobs, the other ones seem to be purging correctly.
    The configuration for all of our jobs is identical.
  • Steve Putnam
    Are you using cloudberry Explorer to verify what files are actually out in the cloud?
  • Lukas D
    Yes and I can also see them in the wasabi console, and of course the monthly pricing reflects all of that.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment