• Reddit User
    I am setting up a backup with a OneDrive For Business as destination and is a bit puzzled about the "Encryption and compression is not supported on onedrive yet" warning at the Encryption tab.

If the encryption is done client-side before files are uploaded to the destination why is CloudBerry preventing me from doing so on OneDrive?
  • Denis Gorbachev
    This feature will be implemented, the only question is when. The difficulties with implementing this option
    are connected with the fact that you should know the final size of a file prior uploading it to the OneDrive.
    This is how OneDrive for Business works from the API perspective. Anyway, we are working on it.
  • Stan Miroshnikov
    Hi Denis,
    Your answer doesn't make sense to me. CloudBerry does the encryption so it should know the size of the encrypted file before uploading it to OneDrive.

Any updates on implementing the feature?

Thanks
  • Matt
    That's a problem with their API, unfortunately. No updates yet, other then "when it's done".
  • David Gugick
    Stan, the problem is that we compress the files in parts and send those parts up to the cloud in real time for efficiency, rather than compressing the file all at once and having to store it in memory before transmission.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment