• Tylan
    I don't care for the whole Windows Automated Install Kit prerequisite of 1+GB download on a server. So, I think I've asked this before, but I'll ask again...

Is the bootable USB stick universal or machine specific? Does it pull drivers from the local machine (IE RAID)?
  • Mike G
    It contains only default Windows distribution drivers. If you need some hardware-specific drivers, you can add them while creating recovery media using Path to drivers field.
  • Tylan
    I guess I have to do some testing. I really don't know what the default drivers are at this point. I remember in older versions of Windows having to do the whole F6 thing and supply RAID drivers. I can't remember doing that in many years.

So, can I add drivers to the USB or only during build? And if it's during the build phase only - - are they standard drivers? I read something before that they aren't the normal drivers. Special WinPE drivers or something?

Basically, I'm wondering what the odds of bare metal restore working on a server that doesn't use SATA. An actual RAID controller.
  • Aaron Luders
    Bummer this never got answered. I'm working on the same thing. Specifics on adding additional drivers.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment