Backup for Linux v 126.96.36.199 - release notes
Hello everyone. We are releasing Backup for Linux v 2.5 standalone soon, with the MBS version following shortly thereafter.
There are a number of bug fixes, performance improvements, and new features coming. Below are the most interesting.
Much internal work to prepare for Block Level backup for files, which is coming in the next release.
- Files backed up to the cloud with encryption from Linux can now be restored on Windows.
Backup for Windows v 5.9 now understands both methods
Backup for Linux v 2.5 now understand both methods as well
- Overall performance improvements.
- Several "false errors" were fixed.
- Schedule and retention
Added retention option to "Keep number of versions based on backup date"
Added schedule option to "Run missed backups"
Added schedule option to stop the backup plan if it runs longer than set time
- The default logging level is now Warnings only (it was previously set to Info) - setting is in the user interface
- The Log file location is now configurable
- Log retention period is now configurable
- Numerous minor improvements in what info is available in the logs - troubleshooting is now easier.
Improvements for all user interfaces
- Settings section in UI was slightly restyled
- Configuration of Web Access in UI is now smoother and simplified
- Many options previously only available in UI are now also available in CLI and WebUI
Numerous minor improvements.
- Email reports now contain a bit more information.
- "Save backup plan configuration" is now available in backup plan wizard
A memory leak bug fixed. Please make sure to upgrade your
as soon as possible.
Sign in or register to add a comment.
Add a Comment
Welcome to MSP360 Forum!
MSP360 Managed Products
Managed Backup - General
Managed Backup Windows
Managed Backup Mac
Managed Backup Linux
Managed Backup SQL Server
Managed Backup Exchange
Managed Backup Microsoft 365
Managed Backup G Workspace
Connect (Remote Desktop)
Backup for Linux
Backup SQL Server
Connect Free/Pro (Remote Desktop)
Backup for Mac v 188.8.131.52 - release notes
Backup for Linux v184.108.40.206 Release Notes
FAQ - Managed Backup - Customization
FAQ - Managed Backup - Licensing
Terms of Service
Useful Hints and Tips
Created with PlushForums
© 2022 MSP360 Forum