• Psypher246
    Hello,

I'm running a large backup from my Mac to a Linux SMB server and the uploads speeds over the wireless network are extremely slow compared to copying a large file from my mac to the server.
    Speeds vary between 10 KB/s and 1000 KB/s on a network which handles 4000 KB/s easily (32mbit). Problem is that rarely do I even hit more than 300KB and most of the time it's around 100KB. So it's very inconsistent.

I have tried tweaking threads, chunk size and memory and none of them made any noticeable difference except maybe make it slower.

Right now I have it at 10 threads, 5MB chunks and 1000MB memory and uploading at 1000KB/s but last time I left it like this and came back the next morning it was running at 20KB/s.

At this rate it will take days to backup my entire 160gb hdd on a local network.
  • Matt
    Various improvements are planned for version 2.6 regarding SMB share functionality. You can send us the diagnostic logs via the feedback menu so that our support team could see if there are any errors during upload.
  • Craig Solow
    I agree. I have a LAN NAS bleeding edge with link speed 1.3Gbps. Everything I copy is super fast. However the backup stays at 200Mbps. I tried threads, chuck, memory, all of it. Nothing will speed up this dog. I am running the latest version. Not sure why it is so slow, obviously a application issue. Please fix asap.
  • Matt
    We've already deployed stability fixes for this during the past months, but the main bulk of improvements have been shifted to version 3.0.
    Be sure to leave your feedback once we roll out 3.0 build either here on forum or via our support portal.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment