• kurre
    I have network NAS (fast, recent model QNAP) where my backups get written to every night

However, when I try and do a restore, the 'sync of the repository' takes forever and I end up giving up. I ran it overnight once and it was still going in the morning when I came back...Just doesn't finish...

The images are not that big either...small server

I am telling my client I can recover the server in under 2 hours but this is simply not the case...I have tried the expediated version (https://www.msp360.com/resources/blog/introducing-backup-5-4/) but this simply does not find anything to restore from

I have tried and checked everything
    - The machine can communicate with the nas
    - On the server the images are being backup and I just ran a consistency check and it took one minute and I have a 'green check'

but as soon as I try restoring to another machine it just sits there trying to 'sync the repository'
  • James E
    We're not quite sure what's happening on your side.
    It would be best if you send us diagnostic info from the machine you're trying to start restore upon.
    Please go to Tools > Diagnostics in the program menu. In the opened window click SendĀ button. The logs will be sent to our support team automatically. This will help us diagnose and troubleshoot the issue. Please add "Logs for James, forum thread "Waiting for hours to sync repository"" to the issue description.
    If you don't mind, we can continue through the ticket or via forum - any way is suitable.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment