Set number of parallel threads per backup plan
I am using Cloudberry Backup Ultimate Edition. Is there any possibility to set the number of parallel copy threads per individual backup plan?
I have one specific plan where I need the copy process to be single-threaded (to LTFS) while all the other threads can be multi-threaded. So far I have only seen a general option for the entire application and I would have to change it, restart the service, run the plan and then change it back. Not very convenient.
. There's no such option currently, but we plan to introduce it in the future at some point. I've added your request to the list.
I'd recommend this as a workaround:
- edit your single-threaded backup plan
- navigate to the step called Pre / Post Actions
- enter this to the Pre-backup action field: ["C:\Program Files\CloudBerryLab\CloudBerry Backup\cbb.exe" option -t 1]
- enter this to the Post-backup action field: ["C:\Program Files\CloudBerryLab\CloudBerry Backup\cbb.exe" option -t 6]
- to check whether it worked: start the plan and check out the settings right away
- do the same after the plan finishes
Note that the path to the cbb.exe and the number of threads may be different for you - in this case, obviously, you should adjust them.
By the way, restarting the service is unnecessary, the settings are read at the start of a backup plan.
Sign in or register to add a comment.
Add a Comment
Welcome to MSP360 Forum!
MSP360 Managed Products
Managed Backup - General
Managed Backup Windows
Managed Backup Mac
Managed Backup Linux
Managed Backup SQL Server
Managed Backup Exchange
Managed Backup Microsoft 365
Managed Backup G Workspace
Backup for Linux
Backup SQL Server
Connect Free/Pro (Remote Desktop)
FAQ - Managed Backup - Customization
FAQ - Managed Backup - Licensing
FAQ - Managed Backup - Storage
FAQ - Managed Backup - Backup Client
Terms of Service
Useful Hints and Tips
Created with PlushForums
© 2022 MSP360 Forum