• Shawn
    Hello,

Was hoping to take advantage of the fact that my Amazon Prime membership includes unlimited photo storage via Amazon Drive. I'm led to believe that in order to be counted within the unlimited photo storage quota, the photos must be stored in the "Pictures" folder.

When taking a backup with CloudBerry to Amazon Drive, however, all content is backed up to a folder named CBB_<ComputerName>.

Obviously, then, the question is self-evident: can Amazon Drive backups be redirected to an alternative folder?

Thanks!
  • Matt
    Hi!

You can use "custom" mode when creating your backup plans to specify any folder you want on storage side.
  • Matt J
    I use Cloudberry for this at home on multiple machines. Each machine will have it's own CBB_Computername folder. Amazon does not care about the folder structure, it only cares about the file type. The 'Pictures' folder is only used by the Amazon app for syncing. With Cloudberry, you can choose which folders to backup. Just be careful to keep all your pics in one folder otherwise you will run out of space for other file types. I have some videos stuck in my pics and those eat up the 10GB of 'other files' that I get free pretty quick.
  • Shawn
    Hello, Matt.

Thanks for that tip; all of my backups were "stuck" in "Advanced" mode (Simple and Custom were disabled options). I've just now discovered that this is because I had the Ransomware Protection feature enabled. Would be a lot friendlier if this was explained on-screen somewhere.

Thanks!
  • Matt J
    For Amazon Photos you want to keep it simple. No compression, encryption or anything. Otherwise Photos won't see that they are photos and count as 'other file types.' I haven't used the Ransomware Protection but it appears it does lock you into Advanced mode which has encryption but the free version doesn't support encryption so I'm not sure what it's doing...
  • Shawn
    Amazon does not care about the folder structure, it only cares about the file type
    Ah, OK, wonderful to know - thank you!

the free version doesn't support encryption so I'm not sure what it's doing
    I'm on the 15-day demo, which I believe is more richly featured than the free version.
  • Matt J
    Amazon does not care about the folder structure, it only cares about the file type

This is why I started using CB for this. With the Amazon App, it only allows one folder to be synced. I have pics in different folders and didn't want to have to restructure everything. If I would have synced the next folder up, it would have included other folders with other file types (that aren't unlimited).

With CB, you can choose whatever folders you want. You can also filter out files that aren't pics if you have multiple file types in one folder.

For me, this works great. I have about 100GB of pics in there from multiple machines.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment