• Chris Ruffin
    I attempted to seed an offsite backup using the azure data box disk service which failed. Here is what I tried to do:
    1) I created a local backup job to backup a data drive (H:) to a local NAS device.
    2) I ordered an azure data box disk
    3) I copied the data from the NAS backup to the azure data box disk
    4) I returned the disk
    5) Created a new hybrid backup job such that the seeded data would be in the right location
    6) Synchronized the repository using Tools->Options->Repository->Synchronize Repository
    7) Ran the new hybrid job.

It failed, because at the top level, the directory structure is different between the local NAS backup and the cloud copy. The local NAS backup (what was copied to the azure storage account) has at the top level

CBB_PREFIX/H$/...

while the cloud storage wants to use:

CBB_PREFIX/H:/...

So when I tried step (6), cloudberry goes to create a brand new copy of the data, not use the seeded copy of the data.

My request is to identify a clear flow which can be used to seed a large hybrid backup, or make local/cloud directory structure consistent, or support a feature through the cloudberry interface to move local NAS data to the cloud through an azure data box disk service.
  • Matt
    Due to how backups work, for local destinations we use "$" character to replace ":". You would need to rename all of the $ signs to : in the cloud manually for the software to recognize them. You can use Cloudberry Explorer for that purpose.

The problem here is that we don't yet officially support import/export functionality for Azure, it will be introduced in one of the future versions of the software.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment