• Sephira
    Hi CB Team/Everyone,

I am interested in the idea of doing bundle deals for desktops. Is there anyway to limit access to only the data backed up if all desktops used the same login? If offering 100 pack options for example it would be a big job to setup 100 new users. As I understand it if they are all using the same account each client will see every other computers backup in the console - is this correct?
  • Anton Zorin
    Hi Sephira,
    Yes, they will see each other's backups.
    What would be the perfect scenario for you?

Thanks
  • Sephira
    I suppose the simplest solution would be to be able to add a password to the client software so only an authorised person could access the console (probably something that could be reset form the web console).

Alternatively having the option for a client to only be able to see the data it has backed up as opposed to the data that the user has backup up (working off the machine name I guess).

I suppose you could also have a way to automatically create users (like appending a number on the end sequentially) when setting up this kind of scenario - but it might get messy when dealing with a lot of users and would require a big list of user/passwords to be handed over somehow.
  • David Gugick
    We support using a Master Password for the console. It's in your control panel in Remote Deployment Configuration Settings.
  • Sephira
    Ah yes - I totally missed that - many thanks!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment