• Aidan
    Hi there,

I have a licence for CloudBerry Desktop for Windows and I'm happy with this.

However I also have a Macbook Pro and I notice that I can't back up to OneDrive as the MacOS version doesn't support OneDrive.

Do you have a timeframe for supporting OneDrive as a destination on MacOS?

Thanks,
    Aidan
  • Gleb
    Hello , we have no plans to support OneDrive on macOS, sorry.
  • Aidan
    That's a huge shame. Goodsync backup does, but I have preferred the Cloudberry products so would like to stick with you. I'm curious why there's no plans to support OneDrive, I would've thought it wasn't terribly hard to add another provider, especially as it's supported on PC. Thanks
  • Gleb
    it is not terribly hard, you're right.
    It's just that OneDrive Personal provides quite a poor experience for backup (the PC users have reported that repeatedly) and there's not too much users of OneDrive for Business between our customers.
    Thus, we've decided to focus on making a better solution with less options rather than the opposite.
  • Aidan
    I get that, when I use FolderSync on my phone to sync photos to OneDrive the performance is pretty average compared to other cloud providers. Having said that, it's reliable, and I've had a good experience with CBL for PC using OneDrive. Slow, but reliable.

Office 365 Home now gives everyone 1TB of free storage so I bet a lot of people have that storage available for "free" (because I have to buy Office 365 anyway). That's why I asked if CBL would support OneDrive Personal for MacOS backup, because I can use that storage as a backup location. I've been using it with CBL for PC but now am MacOS only.

Hope that is useful to know, ta for your previous reply.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment