• AS-N
    Hello,

I try to make a backup of a quite big file (64 GB) to a wasabi S3 storage.
    Unfortunately, I had to stop the backup several times for testing the best configuration.
    Now I see 5 versions of the backed up file but the original hasn't changed all the time.
    Is cloudberry always starting a new version when it was interrupted?
    I thought it will resume the already uploaded chunks, but it seems it started a new version every time.

Is it safe to delete the, maybe, obsolete files at wasabi S3, or will I run into any problems when I will make a restore?

Also, I have configured to have only 3 different versions of each file, but now I already have 5 of them.
    How can this happen?
  • Anton Zorin
    What is the version of the agent you're writing with?
    Starting 6.0 agent for windows we support uploads continue in case it was interrupted.

It's safe to delete it. Syncing repository most likely will be required.

Versioning works for updated files, not interrupted uploads.

Thanks,
    Anton
  • AS-N
    The version is 6.0.1.66.
    The uploads are always between 8-10 GB and this is nearly the full size of the original.
    Can such broken uploads be deleted automatically?
  • Matt

Better to send us diagnostic logs from the software(tools > diagnostic). After that creates a ticket please also provide the screenshot of those incomplete chunks on storage side.
  • AS-N
    OK, it seems the source file has changed during backup, so cb is making different versions, that's totally correct.
    I have to change my strategy for backing up these files.
    Thank you.
  • Matt
    Thanks for confirmation! You can revert to us in case you have any further questions.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment