• AS-N
    Hello,

I have a win 2008 R2 server and try to create a recovery disk.
    Unfortunately, the process stops directly after starting with the information, I have to install the Windows Automated Installation Kit.
    But it is already installed.
    I already have made a ticket, but no success until yet.
    But maybe someone has had the same issue and can help me.
  • AS-N
    Well:

Normally, the operation system automatically installs Windows Preinstallation Environment (WinPE) in a dedicated recovery partition. If CloudBerry Backup is unable to locate a WinPE image in this partition by the moment of creating a recovery disk, it prompts you to download and install an appropriate version of Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK) or Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) which in turn, will install WinPE as well.

I have installed AIK and tried to install ADK, but ADK fails with a strange "closing pipe" error.
    So maybe WinPE is missing?
    But how can I install it on this server, which is the correct version?
  • AS-N
    I just installed WinPE again, but still the same error.
  • Matt
    Might be a problem in Windows environment. Do you have another machine to try the creation of bootable USB on?
  • AS-N
    I only have installed cloudberry on one machine.
    Can I use a bootable USB from another machine?
    I don't think so,
  • Matt
    You can create USB on any Windows machine, that's actually the point of the procedure. The newer the system you create it on the better.
  • AS-N
    Well, I've just tried with an up-to-date Windows 10 system.
    I've downloaded cloudberry backup, installed it and tried to create a bootable USB.
    But I've got exactly the same error.
    There is a link coming up where I should download Windows ADK but the link goes to a version for Windows 8, but I use Windows 10 here.
    Isn't there any way to get this USB without downloading and installing all of this developer stuff?
  • Matt
    Manually installing Windows 10 ADK should help in your case. If that doesn't help PM me your support ticket number, we'll come up with something.
  • AS-N
    Finally, I've got a .iso made on a win 10 system.
    And you are sure I can use this .iso to start my win 2008 R2 server in case of a restore?
  • coroffice
    I have just run into this problem.

Cloudberry prompts to install ADK when it's already installed if there is a pending Windows restart due to Windows updates.

A reboot fixes it (until the next Windows update).

Can this erroneous message be fixed please?
  • Matt
    What OS do you use? Try reproducing the issue and send us the diagnostic logs(tools > diagnostic) so I can create a task in our bug-tracker.
  • coroffice
    Hi Matt

Win 10 Pro v1809 build 17763.557

I'll see if I can replicate and then send the logs.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment