• Stratos Misinezis
    I think that in future releases CBB product should incorporate centralized version of the product. I am saying that because in large infrastructures, i.e. customer with 20 Servers we should install 20 clients to do backups, instead of one installation and 19 agents
    1. Would centralized version be suitable? (5 votes)
        YES
        80%
        NO
        20%
  • Andy
    Hi Stratos

In my opinion the current Backup client is the agent. The UI is optional in MBS scenario.
    Please explain how do you see it different from the current implementation. How would you like it work exactly? do you mean remote agent installation?

Thanks
    Andy
  • Stratos Misinezis
    So I can have multiple agent installations without UI? And then manage their backup plans from portal? How about to have one UI installation in an company and 20 agents more installed and from one UI to manage all 20 agents inside the company from their local administrator as well as Portal? Please explain if you have something in mind.
  • MSP360
    Have you looked into our Managed Backup (MBS)? It's a single UI for managing multiple installations of CBB. Take a look here: https://www.cloudberrylab.com/managed-backup.aspx
  • Stratos Misinezis
    I am using MBS 2 years now. This is not what I mean by posting this poll. What I mean is for example to have one CBB central UI locally installed in a company and from this UI to be able to manage backups from other n-Server's
  • MSP360
    OK, understood now. I'll log this in our feature tracking system. Thanks for the feedback
  • Martijn V
    I would imagine one could login to a client GUI with company admin credentials and manage all clients under this company (settings, storage, tasks). Once settings are saved, they automatically propagate to the respective clients and they will act accordingly. Also reports could be viewed centralized this way too. Issues can be seen on some kind of dashboard overview. Unleashing the power of single-pane-of-glass every admin loves :)
  • Stratos Misinezis
    Although I have started this post...by writing this and processinf this idea into my mind I figure out that this what I am asking we have it already in Managed Backup Service. Well it would be nice to be a localized version as well but since we are cloud promoters,,I think we need to adapt to the managed backup using portal. You did not vote though :smile:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment