• dougalthedog999
    During a recent update a mesasage showed up saying "discontinuing ransomware detection feature". It was unclear if this was due to it being removed from the software or due to my maintenance having expired. However, the ransomware feature still seems to be in place for existing backups but has disappeared if I try to add a new backup.

I've just checked the website and it says:

"The Ransomware detection feature has been removed in Cloudberry Backup 6.0.1. This change has no effect on existing or future backups."

Does anyone know why this is?

Thanks.
  • Klim
    Hello,
    we decided to suspend the ransomware detection feature for new backup plans, due to a large number of false positives calls. Sorry for that inconvenience.
    Thank you for your question!
  • Jose Lopez
    Estimados. para mi es una función especial que con este propósito fue adquirida la solución de CloudBerry Backup. quiero saber como mantener este servicio para pensar en futura renovación o búsqueda de otra herramienta. Gracias.
  • Matt
    We might come back to this feature, but currently there are no plans to bring it back.
  • Jose Lopez
    . me queda claro entonces. lamentamos que quitaran esa función era importante para nosotros. por el momento nos mantendremos con la licencia. pero si tendremos que analizar otras herramientas con esta función. Gracias.
  • jmaddox
    I recently upgraded and have a plan that had ransomware turned on. I have files failing on a false positive and I want to turn it off for the plan but I cant find the option to do so. Can you point me in the right direction

Thanks
  • David Gugick
    if you're using version 6.0.1 or later, the Ransomware has been removed and having it previously set should have no effect on backups. If you're using an older version, you can disable the feature from the agent on the first page of the backup wizard.
  • jmaddox
    I am on ver 6.2.5.91 and randomly get the ransomware detected but I can tell the software it isnt and I cant shut it off on the backup job. The jobs a couple hundred gig pushed to the cloud so I really dont want to start fresh if I dont have to
    Attachment
    Capture (249K)
  • David Gugick
    You'll need to send this to Support via the Tools Diagnostic toolbar option. Please reference this post when submitting. Thanks.
  • David Gugick
    Please submit to Support, but in the interim I've asked the support team to have a look at this post. Thanks.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment