• Sean Carney
    I am getting an error message in my Cloudberry Backup stating:

"Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains an virus or potentially unwanted software".

Is there any way for me to see which file(s) caused this error message?

Cloudberry is providing a "Solution" which is give a hyperlink tht says to "Please Contat Support", which is what I am doing. But, I believe that when I submit this request that you will then send me an email informing me that you no longer provide support for Cloudberry backup except through the community forum?

So, I am submitting this request to the forum now.

Sean
  • Sean Carney
    I forgot to tell you the error code which is: (Code: 1003)
  • Alexander Negrash
    Check the "History" tab. Can you see any information about the files there?
  • Sean Carney
    There is nothing visible to me in the History tab except for one line which is essentially the error message stating that the operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software.
  • Alexander Negrash
    Do you have any AV? Can you check there?
  • Sean Carney
    I use Windows Defender. I am finding they have a couple files with low priority but they are not files that I need. I am deleting them now. I will check back after the next scan. Hopefully this will fix the problem. Thank you very much.
  • Sean Carney
    It appears to have worked. I just ran a backup and finally got one with no error messages. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
  • Alexander Negrash
    I am deleting them nowSean Carney

There is also an option to exclude these files from the backup plan. That should work too
  • Sean Carney
    Thank you very much for your help. Those were some very old files that were not needed to be stored so deleting them was fine. But, I am glad to know they could have been excluded as well.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment