• B Darley
    I have a backup plan that runs from S3 to a NAS (Server).

It used to execute fine on an incremental basis after initially backing up a block of around 200GB. Total data is now around 650GB.

I have changed the destination folder, so it now needs to backup all files again but the plan will not complete. Instead it terminates with access denied errors - check credentials and inability to access specific resources then purges a lot of the folders meaning I am left with a few GB of data which has been copied and a lot of empty folders.

However if I schedule smaller plans of a few GB (i.e. restrict the number of files it should back up) so that it takes 10mins or less the the tool is able to backup with no issues. So this tells me there is no issue with credentials, meaning the error to check credentials is misleading.

What could be causing this?
  • Alexander Negrash
    Can you please provide information on the software version you are currently using? Additionally, could you specify whether the issue pertains to the new or legacy backup format within the plan?
  • B Darley
    Hello Alexander,

I have updated to 7.9.0.404 which I believe is the last version released and supported.

It is strange as the plan was able to backup in excess of 600GB after I started from scratch, but there are approx 5300 files which it says it did not have access to due to Invalid credentials, which if that were the case the other 600GB would not have copied. I have checked the credentials and they are fine.

Regards the type of back up "legacy vs new" can you tell me how I would find this out?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment