• Mark Ragan
    I have used CBB Desktop for both online Backblaze and networked Image backups for many years now without any issues.

Recently upgraded my laptop to a Dell Vostro 7620, and ported my license over and continued to backup in the same way.

For the first time ever on this laptop, I tried to do a Bare Metal Recovery of a partition and hit a major problem..

I ran the recovery via the USB recovery disk, created the Backup Storage location (From my NAS), selected the correct partition / Version, but when the software attempted to select the destination I got the error "Value cannot be null, parameter name source" and the list of disks / partitions was blank. Could not do anything to get past this.

When I drop into command prompt, "diskpart" shows all disk partitions etc as expected.

As this is a modern laptop there were many bios features that were new to me and there were 2 options that I had to set in order to manually install windows 11.

These were advised by dell support:-
    SSD Mode was set to "ACHI/Pci" instead of "Raid On" (As Advised by DELL Support)

I tried both of these settings with the same result

My SDD is a "1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive" - No Encryption or anything fancy.

USB recovery Version: 7.8.4.128

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may cause CBB to be unable to identify the SSD / Partitions

Many Thanks
    Attachments
    ErrorMessage (100K)
    DiskPart (88K)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention