• Adrian Brown
    I'm sure this used to work for me, so I'm likely doing something wrong.
    I have backups in Wasabi created using Cloudberry Backup (now updated to MSP360, but I believe it's the same thing).
    I want to browse these using Cloudberry Explorer PRO:
    - I have created a new Wasabi storage account in Explorer with my access key and secret key.
    - I have enabled compression and encryption in Explorer.
    - I set the same encryption password as for Backup.

I now navigate in Explorer. But instead of seeing anything which looks like my local file structure (as I see in the "Backup Storage" pane in Backup), I see:

• Root -> my.bucket.name -> CBB_HOSTNAME -> CBB_ARCHIVE -> e87cb169-ff5d-4fe0-9501-8543c0200e9f -> GEN-000000-09d3d426-ff47-44a4-807e-9632329394b1 -> [Lots of folders] -> [Files with strange names]
    • Root -> my.bucket.name -> CBB_HOSTNAME -> CBB_REPORT -> e87cb169-ff5d-4fe0-9501-8543c0200e9f.html$ -> [Lots of folders] -> [Lots of html files]

Where:
    • my.bucket.name is the name of my Wasabi bucket
    • HOSTNAME is the name of my computer
    • The [Lots of folders] all have names that look like date and time stamps
    • The [Files with strange names] are of the following form:
      • $LOG$
      • $SGN$BfClP8w1WrVxqIP51E54ZQ__$O30tyaLzxk6xgDMO2EAZzw__$HTEwoASLbhrUsIjazgv4Vw__
      • archive.000000.cbl
      • archive.000001_toc_ok.cbl
    • I can open the HTML files, and these are my CloudBerry Backup Reports. I can open these even if I disable encryption in Explorer, so presumably these aren't encrypted.

How do I make Explorer see my as-backed-up file structure? I'm expecting to see something like: F:\Multimedia\Photos (as I'm using it to backup my photos).

As I say, I'm sure this used to work, but I've not used Explorer for a long time (a couple of years I'm guessing). I've been putting the "forget" into "setup and forget"!

Cheers
    Adrian
  • Adrian Brown
    I forgot:
    - Cloudberry Explorer PRO is v6.6.1.5
    - MSP360 Backup (formerly Cloudberry) is v7.9.1.128

I wanted to renew maintenance on Explorer, but there's no point if I can't get it to work with my backups.
  • Steve Putnam
    The New backup Format combines files into an archive file using a different format than the legacy file backup format. For that, and other reasons, we do not use the New backup format for data/file backups; only for Image and HYPERV VHDx file backups.
  • JHM001
    This is a great question Adrian and I wanted to do the something similar. Although on S3 on iDrive e2. However Steve you didn't actually answer the question about. There's a new format for the backups. But can we use Cloudberry Explorer to browse the files?

Also I realize that I haven't distinguished between regular iDrive and iDrive S3 e2. Will Explorer from cloudberry work on Cloudberry Backups on either of those cloud systems?

It will be great if someone from MSP360 can clarify this. You so much!
  • Alexander Negrash

There's a new format for the backups. But can we use Cloudberry Explorer to browse the files?JHM001

No you can not as the new backup format creates archives and doesn't store files in a plain format. You can always use backup storage browser built in the backup agent
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment