• Branden Loizides
    Hi. I have successfully backed up a directory to S3 using Cloudberry. Or at least I think I did. S3 shows the right amount of space being used, and there is data in there, so I am assuming/hoping the backup worked. The reporting feature doesn't email us (I have no idea why; that's a different problem.)

I am now trying to test a restore from that backup. I cannot get it to work, no matter what I try. I create the restore plan, run it, and nothing happens.
    Logs say, "0 files were restored. Please check your plan configuration."
    That is not a helpful message.

Here's one of the restore plans I created:

./cbbV2 plan create_restore -a "AWS host3" -s "/srv/from_host3" --restore-location "/srv/test-restore" --latest-version --name "Test Restore 11" --confirm

Then I run the plan:
    ./cbbV2 plan start -n "Test Restore 11"

It doesn't get much more straightforward than that, but it's just not working.
    I have no idea how to troubleshoot this. The logs aren't helpful.
    I know this is a vague question, but have others had trouble getting their restore plans to work? Am I missing something obvious?

Thank you!
  • Alexander Negrash
    What is it that you are trying to back up? A mounted disk or a network share? Are you using the new or legacy backup format?
  • Branden Loizides
    I'm trying to backup a local file system. I'm using the new backup format.
  • Alexander Negrash
    Can you DM me the listing, please? https://help.msp360.com/cloudberry-backup-mac-linux/cli2/list

Additionally, please DM me your preferred contact email address. I will initiate a thread with one of our engineers to assist in troubleshooting.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment