• Lica Vasile
    Hi all,
    I want to see if anyone has tested this theory or scenario.
    Restore physical to a virtual machine for testing backup.
    - I have a physical server running server 2019 with MSP backup software on it that creates incremental image backup every night and every two weeks in the weekend hybrid full backup. The image backup is saved on an external drive.

The issue here:
    Some of these servers have a large amount of that, and in case of failure, restoring that data to another physical server takes too long and is not ideal to support business continuity.
    Are there any of you out there who have restored an image physical server to a VM directly from a backup source? Like being able to mount and run as a VM like hyper-v, virtual box, or VMware?
    The same scenario will be good to test the image with the client and show that the product is excellent.
  • Alexander Negrash
    Are there any of you out there who have restored an image physical server to a VM directly from a backup source? Like being able to mount and run as a VM like hyper-v, virtual box, or VMware?Lica Vasile

Spinning up a VM directly from the backup is not currently available but is on the roadmap. I've sent you an email if you'd like to continue the conversation and share your requirements with our product management team.

Currently, you can restore image-based backups as a virtual disk, but it seems like you need an instant restore to a VM
  • Jim Richardson
    Spinning up a VM directly from the backup would be very nice feature!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment