• Jim Richardson
    We would like to improve the disaster recovery options for those using MSP360. Currently we can begin a restore following an outage, but this restore process would some hours to complete during which time the business would not be operational. We would like to keep a standby server, with a restore from the previous days' backup, for the office to use in this disaster scenario. Some failure points that this would address are, server failure, and RAID array failure.

We already use MSP360 to backup a production VM Domain Controller and a production VM File Server to a NAS as well as a cloud storage location. These production VM's run as Hyper-V VM's.

After the last file and folder and image backups run for the day, i.e. 10 PM, we would like to schedule a restore to run to update the local disaster recovery host server with the Domain Controller and File Server VM's, based on the changes from the most recent backups, from the NAS repository. Is this possible? I see that there is a way to create a restore plan recurring schedule. Is this a recommend solution? If this is not feasible, what is the best option to provide a low downtime restore option?
  • Alexander Negrash
    I see that there is a way to create a restore plan recurring schedule. Is this a recommend solution?Jim Richardson

Yes, some of our customers employ this approach
  • Jim Richardson
    Thanks Alexander Negrash.

Can you or can anyone else that uses this share any best practices that I should be aware of? Are there limitations?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment