• James Mackay
    For the Forever Foeward (New Feature) backups, I have a couple of questions:

1. If I have a Excel Spreasheet that I update monthly, and the Retention Policy is set to 1 month before a new full backup is created. Will I be able to run a restore and get versions of my spreadsheet that are older than 1 month (i.e. from 10 months ago for example)? How many versions are kept of the file, is there a limit?

2. I have some files that are large Zip files (i.e. 6GB in size) that I do not access vey often. My question is when the retention policy ends after 1 Month (as it is set), before the current Full backup is replaced by the new Full Backup, is there a comparison or integrity check performed to make sure that all the files are the same? I would be in a lot of pain if I could not access these files.

I thank you for taking the time to answer.

James
  • Alexander Negrash
    I assume you are trying to configure a backup plan with the new backup format. Please refer to this thread to learn about how retention and schedule options work https://forum.msp360.com/discussion/9437/help-understanding-retention-policies
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment