• Sam Nottage
    I have been using a RealTime backup scheme to keep backups of "recent" files (as a substitute for Windows File History). I am trying to convert to the "new" file backup format with the same basic idea, by doing an incremental backup every 10 minutes.

With the RealTime scheme it was possible to list and select from all the versions of a backed up file (in my case, the 3 most recent versions). This doesn't seem to be the case with the new format. It it true that in order to find a specific version of a file the entire backup set must be manually reviewed, checking the time of each backed up version?

That being the case, what actually are the advantages to using the "new" file backup format over the legacy format with a RealTime schedule?

• Alexander NegrashAccepted Answer
    . This doesn't seem to be the case with the new format. It it true that in order to find a specific version of a file the entire backup set must be manually reviewed, checking the time of each backed up version?Sam Nottage

The new format stores backups in archives/restore points. Because of a different approach t's not possible to view versions of a specific file the same way you can view in the legacy. You can restore a file to a point in time
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment