• Brandon K
    Hi All,
    I was recently setting up a Vmware edition Image backup to cloud for a client. I'm trying to minimize the amount of configuration I need to do on each machine by configuring via the web console instead. I've set it to do daily backups, but noticed there was no option for monthly full backups in the web console. Is this not available?

I also had a couple of other questions regarding the Vmware edition and Vmware backups when connecting to an ESXI host. When using the desktop/server edition it explicitly asks if you want to do block level image backups. Using the VMware backup option, I'm not seeing this option. Does it default to block level automatically?

Finally, is synthetic full backup supported when doing Vmware backups? We used Wasabi for storage and I know they support it as we use this for our desktop/server physical installations.

Thanks!
  • Boris

Hello Brandon,
    The full backup schedule missing from the console is a known issue, our web team is currently working on adding it.
    The block-level option is not present in the settings of VM plans, instead the block-level backups are turned on by enabling changed block tracking for VMware or scheduling both incremental and full backups for VMware and Hyper-V in the GUI.
    Synthetic fulls are currently only supported for Image Based Backup, the synthetic full feature for VM backups is still in development.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment