• Mitchell Berman
    I get a warning and a whole list of files that were skipped after every backup, which is information I don't need and just noise. I don't see a simple way of eliminating this warning. I only want warnings if something unexpected goes wrong.
    Many of these are library preferences and library log files.
    I tried to "skip" some of these directories in the advanced setting, but it did not work.
    I skipped "/library/logs/microsoft/mdatp" but the directory still generated a warning.

Did I configure the listing of the directory incorrectly?
    There must be a simpler way of doing this.
  • Steve Putnam
    Been a pet peeve of mine for a long time. It is not an error or a warning. It is by design that we skip files that are not needed for recovery. SOmeone from MSP360 care to comment?
  • Alexander Negrash
    We're on it. We're sorry for any hassle this has caused, but good news – we're fixing it in one of our next releases
  • Mitchell Berman
    That is good news. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.
    ty.
  • Henri Hyyryläinen
    I updated a couple of days ago from Cloud Berry backup to the new MSP360 branded version and I've immediately noticed that now I get a backup failure email every day. With the old version things were so much better as I only very rarely got a false positive failure email.
  • Alexander Negrash
    Are you referring to the same code 1629?
  • Henri Hyyryläinen
    Yes. The warning email says:

completed with warnings, please see below for more details.

Warning

File(s) changed during backup (code: 1629)
  • Alexander Negrash

n the upcoming release of version 4.2, which is almost ready for launch, users will have the option to skip files that are currently in use by other processes
    ie68oy2ygmjbj253.png
  • Henri Hyyryläinen
    I've updated to the latest version and checked that checkbox, and it didn't really help. I still get a bunch of errors like "~/.config/google-chrome/Default/Cookies" changed during backup. And same thing for Firefox. Due to this problem I've decided to not keep renewing my cloudberry subscription and instead look for better backup software that doesn't complain each day that I have my browsers open while the backup runs.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment