• Harry Dickinson
    I have installed the VMware version of MSP360 backup, but it does not seem to detect the active Hyper-V cluster (Windows Server 2012 R2) and so it does not give me the option to backup Virtual machines. Have tried installing on the local server as well as a VM instance. It both cases it only reports server file options and no virtual servers. Am I missing something, or is there a known fix for this? Pulling my hair out at the moment, so any advice would be welcome.

Harry
  • Alexander Negrash
    Hello Harry,

What agent version are you running?
    Are you creating a Hyper-V backup plan?

Check this help articles
  • Harry Dickinson
    Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the links. However, I am using the standalone VMware/Hyper-V, version, installed directly to the server. It does not detect the Hyper-V configuration and reverts to a basic file server/image backup. Already using 2 other instances of Cloudberry backup on some Linux servers, and quite like it. First attempt at using it on a Windows setup and not impressed with the lack of direct assistance from MSP360 with the configuration. Might have to switch to an alternative.
  • Alexander Negrash
    Harry,

Can you please send me the "About" window screenshot
    tcbisxmglvnv5v7z.png
  • Alexander Negrash
    Also, you can do the following to activate Hyper-V backup functionality you can trial switching the trial edition, if you're not running a commercial license yet. Go to Home>Licensing>Switch Trial Edition
    fzipes5fw7dow49q.png

Then Select "VM" edition, if it's not

You should see the VMware and Hyper-V backup options in the top menu if you have the correct license/edition applied. It's not about detecting weather you have Hyper-V on your Server or not at that stage
  • Alexander Negrash
    I just checked in the systema and I see 2 Windows Server trials activated. So it looks to be a license/edition type issue. Let me know if the "Switch Trial Edition" suggestion above helps
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment