• qubes
    After executing an image-based backup of the C: drive on my computer, I proceeded to generate a bootable USB drive using the corresponding desktop application. Then, I initiated the boot process from the USB drive and clicked bare metal restore, which did not worked. So , I accessed logged into online backup app in the settings and conducted an image-based restore, which reached 100% completion. On rebooting the system, I encountered a prompt requesting my BitLocker recovery key(I had bit locker applied in my C: drive). Despite inputting the correct recovery code, the system failed to boot. Is this because of bit locker, if not can you please guide me through the steps. I need to restore image based backup in different machine.
  • Alexander Negrash
    What product are you using Standalone or Managed Backup?
  • qubes
    MSp 360 managed backup online trial version.
    After bootable option, i clicked on bare metal restore option, then it showed error(Connection error, could not connect to server) but on second click it asked to login into app, i logged in and then restored the image backup via the restore option. and after completion i have to simply restart the machine right?
  • Alexander Negrash
    Please open a support case. Our team will help you with your question
    9gzm8ixmpho7zci3.png
  • qubes
    hi, i found the issue, i had applied bit locker, but c: drive cant be locked while OS is running. and while backing up i had kept bit locker on . when i ticked it off (keep bitlocker option) and backed up, restoration was successful. I have another doubt regarding login in desktop app apart from the user pass, login , there's an option to login via AD bridge point. can you tell me how to find the AD Bridge endpoint
  • Alexander Negrash
    Great to hear you were able to resolve the problem with restore. Regarding AD Bridge please refer to this help article https://help.mspbackups.com/downloads/ad-accounts
  • qubes
    I had some doubts 1.What's the difference between Restore data and quick restore(and does it matter), because i was able to quick restore a file of an image based backup, but not possible via restore plan. 2.Regarding user and company, what I've understood is that company is just for organizing users, and users are important because without users you cannot backup/restore right or is it possible ? except for storage, because storage comes under company 3.Regarding license, admin buys license and company and users can use them admin right?
  • Alexander Negrash
    1. When distinguishing between a Restore Plan and Quick Restore, it's essential to note their functionalities. Restore Plan offers comprehensive features like scheduling and customizable restore settings, specifically geared towards Bare Metal Restore or restore of/to Virtual Machines. Quick Restore is designed solely for file-level restoration tasks.

2. Differentiating between User and Computer accounts serves crucial organizational purposes within backup systems. A User account serves as a designated "service" account tied to a specific computer or backup set. Meanwhile, a Company account facilitates broader management tasks such as license management and monitoring. Furthermore, the creation of subadmin accounts within a Company account allows for streamlined access control, limiting administrative privileges to specific computers within the company's framework.

3. Administrator can acquire licenses and distribute them across various pools such as Global or Company pools, or assign them directly to specific computers. The allocation of licenses to target computers depends on the settings configured within the Company, allowing for automatic or manual assignment based on predetermined criteria.

I suggest talking to your account manager and setting up a call with our onboarding team. They'll be able to answer all your questions directly.
  • qubes
    ok thanks .
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube