• Mark
    We uploaded a bunch of archive files from my workstation which has the CBE for S3 pro version. I had compression enabled to speed up the upload. Now other staff who are using the free version (and hence have no compression tab in their options) can't view the files as they come up with an error. Is there a work around besides deleting the many GB of files i've already uploaded and re-uploading them without compression? We can also download the file, rename it to a zip, then unzip it and then view the file but that's not much of a solution for our use case where staff is often looking for some data in any number of files.
  • David Gugick
    I am checking to see if this is expected behavior for Freeware or if we are planning a fix. I'll reply back when I get an answer.
  • Matt
    All of the advanced options like encryption/compression are not available in the Freeware version, this is a conscious design decision, so I'm afraid the only option is to use the commercial version to decompress/decrypt the data.
  • Mark
    Thanks for the answers guys. Is there a way to decompress the files in S3 with the pro version without deleting them and re-uploading them?
  • Matt
    The procedure is automatic in the PRO version, the files will be decompressed during the download operation.

it is currently not possible to change the state of the files from compressed to uncompressed in the cloud on the fly due to how cloud storage providers work.
  • Mark

Matt,

Thanks for that. Is there any functionality in the pro version to decompress the files but leave them in S3 so that they're ok to be downloaded by the free version later?

I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to resolve the issue so that those staff who have the free version can still download/view the files. I'd prefer to not have to blow away the existing files and re-upload without compression on.

Thanks again,

Mark
  • Matt
    Sorry, as I've mentioned, there is no way to do that due to how cloud storage providers work. This is not implemented in S3(and in any other cloud storage, afaik) on API level.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment