• Joshua Marshall
    Hi,

I'm new to the product, so apologies in advance...

Can Cloudberry backup Hyper-V VM's over LAN, from another host?

I have a small client. They have two older single socket Hyper-V hosts, each running 2 VM's. They've been running alternative products (Veeam/Altaro) off a LAN connected Win 7 PC to backup VM's on both hosts.

It seems that Cloudberry needs to be installed on the host, and can only backup VM's local to that host. Is this the case, or is there a product in the Cloudberry stable that supports VM backups over LAN?

• MSP360Accepted Answer
    CloudBerry Backup can backup the VMs from the VMs themselves (like agent based backup). Once installed you can backup to a local disk, NAS, cloud or both (hybrid). If you have multiple clients, you can look into our Managed Backup which is a SaaS platform for managing multiple clients and end points.
  • David Gugick

We do require a host-level agent for Hyper-V. If you require centralized management of all your backups, we offer our SaaS solution CloudBerry Managed Backup. If the customer is small, then you can use our stand-alone product and manage the backup jobs on each host (1 job dynamically detect and back up all VMs). You can send the backups to network disk or the cloud. More information here: https://www.cloudberrylab.com/backup/vmware-hyperv.aspx (check out the Guide: Backup and Restore Hyper-V VMs at the bottom of the page for more information.)

Thanks.
  • Joshua Marshall
    Thanks! I understand now. I'll look into Managed backup.
  • Stratos Misinezis
    If the Hyper-V is clustered can one licenced CBB manage both nodes (at least see both nodes)?
  • Alex
    Hello. Unfortunately, Cloudberry doesn't support Hyper-V clusters now. And you need to have 2 licenses for such approach. Anyways, thank you for asking us about it. We will add it to our TODO list
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment