• HarryB
    Hi all,

We're at a crossroads of choosing the next major feature to add to the CloudBerry Remote Assistant and your input is being requested to help us decide. The two most requested features are:

File Transfer – to be able to easily copy files between computers in a remote assistant session
    Quick Support – a feature that allows remote support without the need to run through the Remote Assistant installation

Please let us know if either of these features is important or if you're looking for something else. If so, please tell us what you need, and why, in the comments below.

Thanks in advance!
  • Gleb
    I personally want support for other OS - most preferred is MacOS
  • JoeTechie
    Transfer is also important, but there are workarounds for that. Supporting more than a friend or two makes the Quick Support install a much more important feature.
  • Ron Williams
    The ability to use the application before login on the remote system. If there is already a way to do this, I beg your pardon - I have not discovered it. Please enlighten me.:nerd:

We all know that Windows frequently requires a reboot for various reasons. If that is the case while I am operating remotely, I believe I will be out of luck until someone is available to login to the remote system locally. This is a deal killer for the type of usage I would make of this application.

I really like the application - it is way superior to Remote Desktop - and I really hope this issue can be resolved quickly!

Thanks,

Ron Williams
  • HarryB
    Hi Ron,

I updated the ticket, but will probably double it here. Did you have a look at our Unattended Access functionality? If so, please let me know, what exactly doesn't suit you?
  • HarryB
    Did you have a chance to look into it?
  • Allan
    I am a disgruntled TeamViewer user - I was told I had to buy a licence even though I am not using it in a commercial way.
    Love this product.
    One nice-to-have would be the ability to rename the connections so that instead of "999999999 (Laptop-XXXXXX)" to a more user friendly "Wifes_Laptop".
  • HarryB
    Hey ,

Thanks for the feedback!

These PC's will get the name once you connect to them and it will be displayed after that just like this:

H3QSLIX.png
  • Mark

How many computers will be remembered in that screen you showed? Is there an easy way of having the program remember up to a 100 or more systems?

We're currently using logmein but are looking for an alternative due to the pricing changes. We've enjoyed using CB explorer and CB backup so we were very happy to find that CB is working on a remote access app.
  • HarryB
    There's no limit for the number of machines, however, there's no way to organize the list yet, but we're working on it.
  • burt
    i know a few people that are getting harassed from teamviewer for comercial use and they are not ,one thing they all say is they need to be able to log on multiple comps at same time,maybe this could be added as a new feature .....they would def convert :)
  • HarryB
    Thanks for the suggestion, we definitely got this on the roadmap and will implement it in future, we had a couple of obstacles and got a couple more at the moment, overall, I believe we'll get this done this year.
  • Mike Groves
    Thanks for the explanation on computer names in the drop down list - it's answered a question I've just sent to support.
    Is it possible to edit the names or are they fixed, presumably by the programme picking up the name from the clients PC?
    Mike.
  • HarryB
    The easiest way to do that would be to edit the display name on the host. Please go to Menu-->Options-->General, change the display name and establish one more connection. After that, the display name will be changed on the client as well.
  • Mike Groves
    The easiest way to do that would be to edit the display name on the host. Please go to Menu-->Options-->General, change the display name and establish one more connection. After that, the display name will be changed on the client as well.
    Thanks HarryB.
    In fact I may not need to change anything since CRA picks up an identifier name from the client PC which appears in brackets after the computer number.
  • HarryB
    No problem, thanks for the feedback.
  • Craig Larsen
    This version of Remote Assistant came at the perfect time as Teamviewer seems to be eliminating support for their free service. This product works great. Some suggestions. 1. Support for multiple sessions, 2. Allow keeping remote desktop wallpaper (sometimes remote computer is left with a black screen after disconnect), 3. Allow ability to type in folder address for download directory without browsing as network drives are not always available via browsing, 4. Allow logoff on remote machine without disconnecting session, 5. Allow way to copy remote computer list to another computer without manually entering all of the access info again, 6. A remote computer has a hiding taskbar can only access the task bar when in full screen mode. Great product and allowing this to be used as freeware is very impressive and much appreciated!
  • Anders Winther
    Quick Support module like Teamviewer so you dont need to install program.
  • PeteMc
    Item #2 - Wallpaper

I like the idea of removing the remote wallpaper during the session. But it's a MUST HAVE that the desktop returns "normal" when you disconnect.

(I was going to post the black screen as a BUG, but I see you already know....)

NOTE: On Item #6 Hiding Taskbar

I was able to access the hiding taskbar on my notebook when not in full screen mode.
  • Steven
    Hi guys, great product!
    I've gone through the faq and didn't see an option to log into another computer and maintain a list of saved sessions.
    Ex: on one pc i have a list of saved computers in the drop down to remote ti. How can this same list be accessed from another computer? Thank you.
  • Andrew Wilson
    Just tried Remote Assistant for the first time today and it looks like it's going to be a great utility. Having tried it out on a couple of different remote systems so far, I can say that the speed/response id very good, much better than a lot of other remote control programs I've tried, and up there with TeamViewer and RDP. I'm on a slow internet connection so speed of response is very important to me.

A couple of features I'd like to see added are:
    1. Multiple sessions to different hosts.
    2. Auto-resizing of window to match the host display.

So far, I'm impressed. Keep up the good work guys, this product sector could really do with a well featured, well priced alternative product to shake it up a bit.
  • Mark Peterson
    android app would be great
  • Mike D
    Hi Mark, we have the support for mobile devices on the roadmap and will implement it in future. Thank you for the suggestion.
  • KimofAZ
    Please have multiple displays work both ways. I don't always need to see all the monitors (although it's nice) on the computer I remote in to, but it's very hard to work on a one display computer when I have 4 monitors and everything is squeezed into one small monitor and it's hard to find open programs because they are way to one side of the host computer. I have all this wasted desktop space but can't utilize when I use unattended access to my work computer. Remote desktop is best but this would be a great second choice when RD is unavailable for one reason or another.
  • Gleb
    Noted. I filed this to R&D
  • Anders Winther
    Possibility to disable User Account Control.
  • yodavader
    Other features i'd also like to see are

1. Show if the Remote Computer(s) is/are "online/offline"
    2. Easier way to Switch between Multiple Monitors (Say using the Arrow Key or an Icon)
    3. Save "Auto Hide" setting. it becomes pinned all the time and needs to be enabled every session
  • Gleb
    , thanks noted.

The first one will be a feature of the paid version of Remote Assistant. Since we're at it, would you like to have a web portal where all the computers are shown online/offline - or will it suffice for you to have it indicated in the RA client itself?

The other two I've filed as enhancement requests.
  • yodavader

I would rather have it in the RA Client itself. that way more usable..
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet