• Manjula Mahesh
    Hi There,

We been trying Cloud Hyper-V backup with Google Cloud Platform and encountered with below issues,

01). One VM restored to Google Compute Engine successfully from the Cloud Storage but can't connect or doesn't accept ping requests from outside (firewall rules configured). VM runs Windows 2012 R2.

Serial port 1 output had ended up at something like this in below,

drive 0x000f29f0: PCHS=0/0/0 translation=lba LCHS=1024/255/63 s=104857600
    drive 0x000f29b0: PCHS=0/0/0 translation=lba LCHS=1024/255/63 s=104857600
    drive 0x000f2970: PCHS=0/0/0 translation=lba LCHS=1024/255/63 s=104857600
    Booting from Hard Disk 0...

02). When I tried to restore one VM to Google Compute Engine, it gives me following error "Restore of the backup created by version prior 5.6 + cloudberry...". That VM runs Windows 2008 R2 and finds no issue with the existing VM.

Please advise whether the tool is capable of handling the below task explained in point format,

1). CloudBerry VMware and Hyper-V Backup Software is installed on local Hyper-V node.
    2). Back up local Hyper-V VMs to Google Cloud Storage periodically.
    3). In case of a disaster, restore backed up VMs to Google Compute Engine through the CloudBerry Hyper-V Backup tool.

Appreciate your inputs
  • Matt

Hi,

The answer to all three questions would be "yes".
    Regarding the issue itself: I guess it would be better to properly troubleshoot this via the ticket system
    Please send us the diagnostic logs via tools > diagnostic menu with the issue description and link to this forum thread.
  • Manjula Mahesh
    Thanks Matt, I will open up a support case with logs files.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment