• kroked
    I just gave Cloudberry Backup a whirl, but encountered some issues. I used it to copy a bucket from Wasabi east coast to Wasabi west coast. But the backup it made did not copy files that had the same letters but of different cases. For example "domion.br" didn't get copied because I also have a "Domion.br" file in the same directory. This is normal Unix style case sensitivity.

I believe this is a serious defect for a a program that is designed to preserve data!

Another issue is that I didn't see a way to get Cloudberry Backup to copy HTTP headers, so I had to go back and do this manually. This was pretty painstaking.
  • kroked
    Oh, I should note that I was using the 15 day trial of Cloudberry on windows 10.
  • Vlad L

Thank you for your post.
    I have reproduced this issue and it seems backup doesn't copy files only when files are chosen manually in backup plan.
    Here are two situations:
    1. Choosing two files directly information about second file is not saved in configuration file of backup plan thus only one file is being backed up. I have reported this problem to our R&D.
    2. Choosing whole bucket or only "Folder" will backup files with different letter cases properly.

Regarding HTTP headers - this option is not supported indeed. I have created feature request on your behalf and forwarded it to our R&D team.

We have several different product except backup and in case you just need to copy contents of one bucket to another you might want to try our Cloudberry Explorer tool for Amazon S3 - it works with Wasabi storage as well.
    https://www.cloudberrylab.com/explorer/amazon-s3.aspx

It will copy all the files saving their HTTP-headers as well.
  • Andrey

Probably you need cross-region replication, promised by Wasabi in October 2018?

AV, dev team
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet