• Scott Anderson
    Hi Folks:

I'm backing up to B2 and wish to edit/purge some data previously backed up. Can I do this remotely?

Specifically, I have one user (CPU-A) with a backed up folder (OldName). The folder was renamed (to NewName) and, presumably, NewName was subsequently backed up. I wish to remotely access the files backed up to B2 by CPU-A and delete OldName. I have no purge settings in CPU-A's backup plan, so presumably, OldName (and any previous versions) will not have been purged automatically.

I believe I can remove OldName directly from CPU-A, but since the machine is not easily accessible, I wish to do it remotely. Thus my question.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance

sanderso
  • Matt
    Well, currently you can only remove all of the data that was backed up using a machine via the portal.
    If you want to remove that particular folder from the cloud and you don't have access to the machine itself but still have cloud credentials you can use Cloudberry Explorer to do that.
    After that you would need to synchronize the repository on the machine via Remote Management tab in your web console. Just go to the tab, click on the "gear" icon, then "edit > options> and there will be a repository section to run the sync.
  • David Gugick
    Or you can delete the folder from the Backblaze web site and then follow Matt's directions about repository sync.
  • Scott Anderson
    Thanks guys! It (now) seems relatively straightforward.

Plus, Matt you referenced that the sync can be performed on a remote basis....answering the next question I was about to ask.

Looks like I'm good to go. Again, many thanks!

sanderso
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet