• remaf
    Hi

I backup a folder daily that is fairly large to s3. I currently have it set as a block level backup (due to size and s3 costs) that runs daily. Basically I just want cloudberry to update s3 with current version. When I run it CBB is still uploading the entire file. I have a feeling it is due to my retention settings. How do I configure CBB to run a plan that is a mirror i.e. I don't care in this case about retaining an extra copy. Retention settings screenshot attached. Thanks in advance.

czect56qzuhh0916.png
  • David Gugick
    Check your Full Backup options on another wizard step and report back the options that are set.

Thanks.
  • Denis Gorbachev

Hi.
    To get rid of the unnecessary deletions please:
    1. Disable an option to delete version older than the given modification time
    2. Schedule full backup to run from time to time

With that files will be re-uploaded only when there is a new full backup coming up.
  • remaf
    Full backup was already scheduled. Denis I changed the settings per your recs. Attached screenshot, would this give me what I'm looking for?

mgcuraj6a6hkq6f4.png
  • Denis Gorbachev

Yes. In that case, all your files will have one copy, they will be backed up once and upon the change - only blocks will be backed up, not the whole files.
    They will be backed up once again only when the next full backup will commence.
    The previous version+all blocks will be deleted after that.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment