• Chura
    I had tried the free version, and decided to purchase the pro version.
    Should I buy an annual maintenance every year?
    Is there any inconvenience without the annual maintenance?
  • Andy
    Hi Chura,

The annual maintenance fee covers the free upgrades and priority support. Since our product is very low cost, we don't include the maintenance for the first year.

Thanks
    Andy
  • Chura
    Hi, Andy,
    Thank you for your response.
    Let me confirm below.

I should purchase an annual maintenance for the first year.
    After that, the annual maintenance fee will be charged every year.

Without annual maintenance, free upgrade will be disabled (so back to free ver. from pro ver.).
  • Andy
    We don't really disable free upgrades. it is like getting on the train without the ticket .
  • Nate2966423864
    Bear with me, but after reading the posts here, I still do not understand. First time CBL purchaser, and as I attempted to purchase MacOS Pro version, the screen shows me the Pro product and the optional Annual Maintenance (AM). Auto-renews. Money is not the issue. I have looked on CBL site, and so far I cannot find anything much about 'Annual Maintenance', except two forum threads, and the reseller checkout cart option (which, as I recall, doesn't provide much or any detailed description).

(1) Should I / Must I purchase AM now, in order to get Support (I think?) ? OR
    (2) Should I / Must I purchase AM 1 year after Pro purchase, in order to get Support (I think?) ? OR
    (3) Something else due to my misunderstanding?

Thanks.
  • David Gugick
    Nate, you need to purchase maintenance if you want to be able to upgrade to new releases and get support. As Andy stated, you do not have to purchase maintenance, and we do not stop you from upgrading if you don't. But, you need maintenance (legally speaking) in order to upgrade, and, of course, get support.Maintenance is separate from the license, even for year one. So purchase now if you want the best support and upgrades :-)

Thanks.
  • David Gugick
    One more thing:I'll ask the team to update the web site with clearer text explaining maintenance. Thanks again.
  • Nate2966423864
    Thanks, David. Well-stated. CloudBerry is already on my A-list.:smile:
  • RCS
    Just my 2 cents on the experience of the maintenance plan. I have 9 licenses since 2013 and have paid for maintenance every year including now. Their agreement states it includes upgrades and support. I can tell you that up until this year the support has been awesome but now it is crappy as crappy it can get. Must be new leaders in the support management. They will not honor the maintenance upgrades any longer. When sending in a support ticket with screen shots they ask for something totally off the wall that has nothing to do with the screen shot.

I don't understand why they are not supporting paid maintenance anymore that meets the terms of the agreement. I would think twice before spending money on annual maintenance.
  • Sergey N
    Hello, my name is Sergey and i would like to take a look at the case you are mentioning. Could you please state the number of the ticket ? Thank you and will be waiting for your reply.
  • RCS
    185336, 197954, 187133,
  • RCS
    You see what isn’t correct is Andy above is stating “The annual maintenance fee covers the free upgrades and priority support.”

I get neither. I get crappy support and a link sent to me to upgrade the windows desktop software I purchased.

https://www.cloudberrylab.com/backup/upgrade-license.aspx?DesktopUpgrade

So if upgrade is included as Andy states why do I need to pay for upgrade outside the maintenance agreement. I am not upgrading to another product such as server or ultimate on your product choices.
  • Sergey N
    I have checked the ticket and i can say that there was nothing wrong from our side. Unfortunately you misunderstood the concept of Maintenance Fee. It gives you Support and free Version upgrade, not Edition. It is really sad that you had such experience, however we made an excellent offer for you to upgrade for a really small fee, which you declined. Anyway I still hope that you will reconsider your decision and get back to being our client. Thank you and have a nice day.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment