• Brian Belden
    All,

I would like to suggest a feature request to the CloudBerry Backup software. I have used other backup software that has the ability create windows of time where the backups are allowed to run. For example you can set the backup time frame from 8:00PM to 8:00AM Monday-Friday and then on Saturday/Sunday decide to let backups to run 24 hours without stopping.

Currently right now there is some functionality that allows you run backups hourly during a specific window of time, but there is no way to cut this backup off at the ending time period. So if I run backups hourly from 8:00PM to 8:00AM the 8AM backups will run until it is complete. Also there is no way to have separate backup time windows in the same backup plan, so if I wanted different time windows for the weekend I would need another backup plan created for the weekend specifically.

Right now I have the cutoff time selected to stop the backups after 12 hours, but I ran into a problem with this functionality. Last week our server which has Cloudberry Backup installed went offline, and the backups were started manually later. So the 12 hour cutoff I have selected ran into production times. I would rather there be functionality built into the software that would cut off the backups at 8AM no matter what time the backups start.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks
  • Matt
    Thanks for the feedback, forwarded that info to our R&D, your description is clear enough, I think.
  • Brian Belden
    Is there a feature request ticket number I can reference this with?

Thanks
  • David Gugick
    On way to mitigate impact during working hours is to use the Bandwidth settings. They apply to all activity, but you can set business hours by Day to limit upstream bandwidth usage to a low figure to limit impact on the PCs backing up and your broadband connection.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment