• Jonathan Gans
    Since a day ago, all of our client backups on all our customer computers are reporting an error on backups. The backup starts, then fails with "Error occurred during backup: You are not authorized to perform selected operation." I checked with Google Cloud (Who I use for our storage) and their was a issue with Google Cloud StackDriver. Since then the issue within Google was resolved, but the backups are still failing. I am waiting for L2 support to look into this, but I need to keep moving so we can keep backing up our clients. Is anyone else having this issue, or experienced this?
  • Anton Zorin
    Hi Jonathan,
    My best guess would be that it's connected to the issue that Google Cloud experienced.
    The team is working on the issue and we'll update the thread as soon as it is resolved.

Thank you,
    Anton
  • tlamming
    Jonathan, I am running into the same issue. Can you update this if you hear from L2 support? I have service accounts with Storage Object admin and also storage admin, and cloudberry suggested recreating the service accounts, which did not help.

I noticed the stackdriver issue as well. Kind of strange that it would affect the storage api, but I have very limited knowledge of everything that Google cloud compute can do and how things interact.
  • Jonathan Gans
    Anton,

Thank you for the reply. I'm sure you can tell from my urgency since I am getting calls from alot of our clients about this. Hopefully they resolve it soon.

tlamming,

Not that it's a good thing, but i am kinda glad to hear I am not the only one running into this issue. As soon as someone from L2 responds, I definitely will post and let you know.

It is interesting that stackdriver could cause this. I too am limited on Google Cloud, I am going to be taking some training to help better understand their product and hopefully utilize it for other clients. I read what stackdriver does, maybe part of the code of the Cloudberry software utilizes it and what Google did to correct is conflicting with the software. I also went as far as doing what you did, even creating a new bucket, with new keys and still nothing.
  • Jonathan Gans
    tlamming,

I actually called out this morning just to see if I could get an update, and I just got a call back, the tech was very nice, and let me know their is a issue with Google Cloud, and said their are a lot of others who are experiencing the issue and it is being worked on, as it is #1 priority. So it made me feel better that we are not the only ones, and they are on it. Hopefully soon it will be back.
  • tlamming
    Thanks for letting me know. I could not find a trace of anyone else having this issue so I thought that I was the only one :). Nothing in the google cloud discussion forums, reddit, or anywhere else.

By the way, where are you taking the training? I'd be interested in that as well!
  • Anton Zorin
    According to the team it's working correctly now. Can you confirm that the issue has been resolved?
    Thanks.
  • Jonathan Gans
    Anton,

I just checked, all is working!

Thank you very much. May I ask what the issue was? Was it connected to the Google Cloud Stackdriver issue?

Thanks to everyone!
  • Anton Zorin
    That's great news!
    I haven't received any details from the team except for the status update.
    I'll keep you posted.

Thank you!
  • tlamming
    I can confirm that it's working on my end. Thank you! What was the issue?
  • Jonathan Gans
    I've been in contact with Google Sales rep and they are sending me info on training material and all that fun stuff. If you don't have one, give them a call and they will do a conference call and get you setup. If i get more details from them, i'll send it your way.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment