• paleolith
    This blog page about Using Amazon Drive says "Alternatively, you can use the specific Amazon Cloud Drive credentials that you can define by following our sign up article". I assume that this page (linked earlier in the blog post) is the sign up article referred to. However, I can't find anything on that page about "specific credentials".

My plan is to share Amazon Drive space with family members for backups. However, I do not want to share my Amazon Prime credentials, so separate credentials for Drive are desirable.

I do have an AWS access key (currently unused), but that does not appear to be what's requested in the sign-in dialog.

How do I proceed?

BTW, Amazon has changed the name of this service to "Amazon Drive" -- no longer is "cloud" in the name.

Edward
  • David Gugick
    If you can do the setting up at each of your family member computers? Either directly or through something like the CloudBerry Remote Assistant (or even something like Skype or Google hangouts), then they will not have access to you login credentials and you can log in using your Amazon login or the credentials specific to Drive.
  • paleolith
    Thanks. Obviously there's some trust, or we would not be sharing space. I won't be able to do the actual setup in all cases, but if it's only needed once, that might be OK.

or the credentials specific to DriveDavid Gugick

That gets back to my question. What exactly are "credentials specific to Drive"?

Edward
  • David Gugick
    I misread the linked blog post. If you do not want to use your Amazon login, then you might be able to share with family using the options on this Amazon page, but you'll need to give it a try:

Managing Family Vault Members
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202094280
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube