• Karlsen
    I would love to see the ability to chain backups for different devices. Excample, if my customer has multiple servers that are backing up to the cloud, I try to stagger the start times to not bottleneck their internet connection. It would be great if I could set them to kick off at 8pm and then just start sequentially as each one finishes.
  • David Gugick
    I would stagger the schedules as best as possible and use the bandwidth controls to limit upstream bandwidth to the cloud to ensure you don't cause a bottleneck. Is your request for CloudBerry Managed Backup or our stand-alone products?
  • Karlsen
    Yes, I already use bandwidth management, but why have the contention. Also, if you set each server at say 1Mbps when ten are running you are using 10Mbps, but if six finish and four are still running they are not taking advantage of that 10Mbps.
    But that brings up a new feature request, the ability to manage bandwidth settings across multiple devices. Right now you need to touch each device to change those settings. And/or have a bandwidth cap per site that gets spread across all running jobs. That is even better.
  • Anton Zorin
    Hi Karlsen,
    I have added your request to the following enhancement requests:
    1. Chain backups across multiple devices
    2. Bandwidth throttling settings for a site. To utilize the bandwidth at max during the backup window.

No ETA on any of them so far, but we'll keep you posted.

Thank you,
    Anton
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube