• fidmas
    I don't see a way other than calling the remote and asking him to restart the assistant. Am I Missing something?
  • David Gugick
    RA runs as a service so it should start with Windows. Are you using the Quick Support Client, by chance?
  • fidmas
    Yes, I was. It seemed simpler than asking the friend to know how to install it. I didn't notice the service. I used to just stop and tell TeamViewer to "Reboot" the controlled machine. I'll install it on another local machine and try a restart. /Thanks
  • fidmas
    Restarting the remote machine simply disconnected. What should i be doing?
  • David Gugick
    Are you saying you do not have someone remotely available to install the full client or rerun the Quick Support Client or some other way to connect temporarily? Quick Support is designed for someone being at the remote side who may not have the expertise to install the RA full version. If you install the full RA, you can set it for unattended access so you can connect as needed. Since the full RA runs as a Windows Service it should run automatically on restart.
  • fidmas
    Most of these folks have, in the past, installed TeamViewer at my request. Most can't do much else. When they need help, I tell them, by phone, to run TeamViewer and tell me the password (PIN). If they needed a Reboot I'd use the "Reboot" TeamViewer command and wait for their system to comeback up. TeamViewer then gave me the [Reconnect] option to continue.

Can you give me instructions for the "friend" to do after installing RA, so that I get complete control, including after Restart, after giving me the initial PIN?
  • fidmas
    Wow. I'm sure that would work, but it's a bit much for my wife's relatives. Before I decided it'd be easier to tell someone, by phone, just to restart RA after a reboot, I started to try the instructions on this machine and one in the same room. Then i decided to give-up and put everything back.

Now I can't connect at all. Before i get to the PIN, i get things like "failed - Insecure connection expected" or something like that. I've uninstalled and reinstalled RA on both machines with the same results. I"m now completely stuck. Anything simpler that uninstall, delete all registry and APPDATA references?
  • fidmas
    FYI, I cleared all the registry entries and deleted the application data on the controlled machine and reinstalled. Everything seems to at least be back to normal. If I need to restart a remote system, I'll just ask them to restart RA.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment