• Steve Putnam
    I have been working with support for a few weeks trying to figure out why many of our client VM and Image backups to Google Nearline are taking three-five times longer than they used to. It started to happen at the end of July/beginning of August. A 50GB VHDx full backup that used to take 5 hours now taking 15 hours. We have 10 other clients that used to get 1.5-2MB/sec now only getting 300 - 500KB/sec - No change in bandwidth settings, and Speedtest shows no degradation in upload speeds.
    Posting this to see if anyone else has experienced similar elongation in large file cloud backup times.
    I am not talking about an isolated incident - many different clients - across three different ISP's - all that started exhibiting the slow speeds around the same timeframe. But not all of our clients are experiencing the slower than normal speeds.
    Support has looked at it extensively and thus far have not come up with any answers.
  • Matt
    Just want to add that we'd need everyone with issues like that to contact support. Your particular case is under investigation by R&D.
  • Steve Putnam
    Thanks Matt, posted here as others may not realize the runtimes are longer since the plans eventually complete, and thus may not be noticed.
  • Steve Putnam
    Looks Like Optimum is doing some traffic shaping for large uploads. Using the Backblaze Bandwidth Test utility - our Optimum route gave only 3.1 mbps up. When we used a VPN to connect via a diffferent ISP, we got 25.8 Mbps up to Backblaze. We got similar result going to Amazon and Google Storage Platforms.
    Ookla Speedtest shows full speed via Optimum. We have opened a case with Optimum, but would like to hear from anyone using Optimum if they are getting similar results.
    Thanks.
  • Matt
    I've informed the engineer responsible for handling your ticket about this. If you have any more info like that please provide updates in your ticket.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment